I know what some of you might be thinking, “Here we go…another girl trying to write a blog about music. What could she even know? Why would I even care about this random girl’s opinion?” Hear me out, I know you don’t know me yet, but I’d like to think you’ll get to know me once this blog continues.
To help, here’s a quick list of things about me!
- I’m 24
- I’m currently studying public relations
- I’ve promoted for three promotion companies in Ottawa
- I have a very random collection of music in my iTunes library
- I have anxiety and mild depression, both of which I use music to help deal with
- Self-proclaimed empathy expert
- Lover of mainly: tech-house, ambient, hip-hop, R&B, and sometimes catchy radio hits
- You will see my name again in the industry, just wait for it!
Alright, so what’s the purpose of this blog, you might ask. I’m here to help give my opinion and reviews on music I come across, which is a lot since I use finding music as a form of procrastination. What I really want to come out of this blog is a collection of music (songs, live sets, and albums) that can help you either get through a mood or help carry that mood or activity on! I’ve already done this with my mom (shout outs to my mother for helping me come up with this idea) when she’s looking for a song to listen to while doing banking or for when she’s stressed.
I’m going to try my best to include all kinds of music so that there’s a little something for everyone. I hope you guys enjoy!